Monday, June 14, 2010

I never talked about my first appt :)

Our first doctor's appt was a week ago at 8 weeks. It was the best day of my life. Ben came with me, of course, not only because he wanted to see our little baby, but because I was a nervous wreck and never could have done it without him! I guess it was pretty standard as far as first appointments go. They took my medical history, and did a swab test. So Ben got to see how uncomfortable a vaginal speculum is! (Not up close and personal, but he could tell I wasn't enjoying it, lol.) Then the doctor took us back for the transvaginal ultrasound. I was so nervous. Those few seconds where he is looking for the baby seemed like an eternity. But there it was. Beautiful with a strong heartbeat. It brought tears to my eyes and I actually exhaled loudly. I didn't realize I had been holding my breath. He measured the baby and said I was 8 weeks, which is spot on from what my chart said. So he printed some beautiful pics and sent me off to the lab to get 6 vials of blood taken. (Ouch.) And now I just have to wait until July 5th when I get to hear the heartbeat again. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment